Do you find yourself yearning for tranquility and respite? Longing for a moment of stillness in time to gather or piece your life back together for the better? Or strength and courage to claim your power and control back over your mind, body and spirit? Transform yourself into the person you have always wanted to become or once were – a healthy and vibrant YOU?
LifEssence Energy Therapy offers you the universal gift of natural healing to bring about balance and harmony into your life – the very essence of healing. Come and experience the gentle, nurturing and caring approach to wellness through complementary and alternative therapeutic non-invasive modality – an answer to your life’s yearning.
We will be adding an online booking feature for sessions and classes soon. In the meantime, please call or email me if you are interested in making an appointment. Thank you.
Re-energize + Revitalize + Rejuvenate
Ever since childhood, I have been drawn to the philosophy of mysticism and spiritual development. I’ve felt that my mission and purpose in life is to be of service to others and to lead a meaningful life. I wasn’t conscious of my true Spiritual inner calling until I was diagnosed a few years ago with a rare form of cancer, drastically and painfully changing the course of my life.
Four years ago, I began to truly embrace who I am, surrendered, and followed my Spiritual calling. I immersed myself in spiritual studies, enriched my soul while attending conferences, workshops and trainings, and still continue to do so—I haven’t looked back. I am now a Reiki Master and have the ability to teach Reiki to others. I aim to learn other energy healing modalities complementary to my Reiki practice and to become a Licensed Reiki Master teacher – yes, to be able to heal, help, and teach others. I am now living the life I was meant to live…I love who I have become and am embracing my constant evolution.”
I am having a very difficult time following the deaths of my children. Because of the loss, I am currently struggling with anxiety and depression. For weeks, I’ve searched for the right place for a Reiki therapy, and I can truly say I have found the perfect place and the perfect person “Margie”. I was able to obtain an appointment right away for the first of five sessions of Reiki therapy. When I met Margie it felt as if I had known her for a long time. On my very first appointment I was able to relax enough to fall asleep. Margie is very warm, gentle, and so down to earth. Caring is a big part of this. It’s only been a couple of sessions, but I feel I released a lot of what was blocking me from being able to move on from the grief and pain. The subsequent sessions will only build upon my “letting go” and moving forward and finally allowing myself to heal. I highly recommend Margie for Reiki therapy!
Margie is a gifted Reiki healer and a gifted intuitive. She was spot on with what I needed and her healing was so strong, I literally could feel the energy she gave and felt totally relaxed and at peace afterwards. I highly recommend a session with Margie as I’ve had Reiki sessions with others and she, by far, surpasses any others.
What is Reiki energy healing?
- Reiki means “Universal Life” – our vital energy life force. It is a gentle spiritually guided healing energy source naturally available in the universe and all beings. Thus, it is not affiliated with any religion and religious practices and beliefs.
- It was an ancient healing technique that was rediscovered and developed in 1922 by Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist monk, and was brought to the west in 1937 by one of his students, Hawayo Takata.
- It flows, targets and charges with positive energy the affected biofields around and within the body that could be dormant, stagnant, imbalanced or blocked due to physical injury and emotional pain or trauma.
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) of the National Institute of Health (NIH) describes Reiki as complementary and alternative practice that uses recognized energy fields or biofields to affect health.
- The application of integrative approaches to improve health and wellness across the U.S is widespread today. This complementary modality has become increasingly popular among nurses, doctors, and holistic care providers. Hospitals and hospices across the U.S are offering Reiki as a standard part of hospital care, as it can be used in combination with all other medical and therapeutic techniques.
- As Reiki is simple and easy to learn, anyone can learn it whether for self-healing or give healing to others. Since it so subtle, gentle and safe, it can be given to infants, children and elderly as well as pets.
How does it work?
- Pure Reiki healing energies have high and healthy frequency and strength. The energy activation between Reiki and practitioner occurs energetically through the process of placements (aka attunements) and ignitions, which takes place during the class.
- Once activated, the ‘universal energy’ flows through the practitioner’s biofields (energy centers and pathways) and channels the Reiki energy during treatment. With its own inherent spiritual wisdom, Reiki allows, guides and directs its flow to the areas in the body where it is most needed.
- Reiki practitioner does not direct nor influence the outcome of the treatment, but his or her role simply is to accept, receive, allow and channel the flow of the beautiful Reiki energy to the patient.
- Reiki practitioner does not diagnose conditions nor do they prescribe or perform medical treatment, prescribe substances nor interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional, and it does not take the place of medical care.
What to expect before, during and after Reiki session?
- The session is neither body massage nor physical therapy. The practitioner places hands lightly on or over a patient’s fully clothed body to facilitate the flow of Reiki energy.
- During and after the session, it is normal to experience some type of physical discomfort, uneasiness, tingling sensations, and overly challenging emotions and feelings as Reiki clears blockages within the body. When this happens, let the practitioner know. Each patient reacts differently to Reiki; therefore, expect yours to be unique and different from the others.
- To gain the most benefits from your Reiki energy therapy experience, below are recommended “to-do” preparation.
- To experience the maximum benefit of your visit, as this is your “me-time session”, recommend come to your session without your small children or pets unless your child is the client.
Prior to the session:
To eliminate any distractions during your “me time”, we recommend coming to your session without small children or pets, unless the child is the client.
Eat and hydrate – Satisfy hunger 2 hours before the session to eliminate potential distraction coming from an empty stomach during the session. Drink lots of water – remember water is a good conductor of energy.
Turn cell phones off – this is “all about you” time. Relax and reflect – take at least 30 minutes to get comfortable – tune in and pay attention to what your body is telling you. Notice thoughts and feelings and any physical sensations, no matter how fleeting. Reflect on what you would like to share with your practitioner.
Get comfortable – wear comfortable clothes. Wear or bring socks to wear to avoid your feet getting cold since you will be laying down during the session. Use the restroom before the session.
Set your Intentions – this is the major key in the REIKI energy healing process. Give yourself permission to be “OPEN” to what you are about to receive and to allow the REIKI energy to flow and heal.
Don’t judge the outcome. Whatever will be, will be.
After your session:
- Reflect, and integrate – As most patients’ fall into a deep nice sleep you may find yourself very relaxed and ‘maybe’ disoriented when wakened up – this is normal.
- Beneficial effects and/or changes may occur as soon as the session is over. After you leave the premises, find a quiet place to possibly meditate or lie down or maybe take a walk or do whatever you need to do to stay relaxed and comfortable. Try not to book or schedule anything after the session. Allow and embrace the feeling of centeredness, or whatever sensations or feelings you may experience.
- Journal your Reiki experience; thoughts, feelings and sensations, etc.
- Hydrate – Be sure to drink 1-2 glasses of water, or electrolytes-enhanced water after the session. Drinking lots of fluids not only prevent dehydration, but also aids in flushing out toxins out of the body.
- Eat – It is normal to feel hungry after the session. Have a nice healthy meal as it helps restore energy and ground the body. If you find yourself craving for sweets, choose dark chocolate, as it is healthier and very grounding.
Sessions are combination of consultations and treatments, which typically takes 60 to 90 minutes in length. Below are the things that will transpire at the start of your session;
- Fill out pre-treatment questionnaire
- Explanation of what to expect during and after treatment
- Pre-treatment meditation – energy clearing/centering
- Reiki treatment
- Post-treatment recovery
- Post treatment evaluation – go over your experience and plan for course treatment if necessary
It is recommended to have follow-up treatment sessions to fully address dis-ease or ailments, as the patient’s ability to sustain and maintain sound and healthier mind, body and spirit requires regular ‘energy tune-ups.’
Why Reiki therapy may be good for you?
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health approved Reiki therapy for pain relief. Studies show Reiki activates the ‘parasympathetic” nervous system to heal the body and mind. It is a great thing, as our bodies can only self-heal if our nervous system is balanced.
- Creates, promotes, restores harmony and happy balance in all areas of existence; the mind, body and spirit, which bring about a more peaceful state of being, and a stable and enhanced quality of life.
- Offers soothing and calming influence to the mind, which supports sound disposition and choices, as we deal with life’s daily stresses and challenges.
- Restores the connection and flow of energy centers and pathways, as it dissolves and clears energy blocks that promote and sustain balance.
- Triggers and accelerate the body’s natural healing abilities; help and promote deep relaxation, release stress, tension, depression and anxiety.
- Assists the body in cleansing itself, as it purges out of toxins.
- Helps support, maintain and sustain healthy immune system.
- Aids better restful sleep.
- Awakens your quest for spiritual growth and evolution
Please call 540-222-3140 or email lifEssenceenergytherapy@gmail.com to schedule an appointment. Servicing Culpeper, Virginia and surrounding areas.
Reiki Therapy Sessions
- For initial consultation, a 1 hour and 30 minutes session is recommended (30 min. consultation and 1 hr. treatment).
- Follow-up session – normally 1 hr.
- At least three 1 hr. follow-sessions or more (depending on the state of your health) are recommended to fully experience the benefit of Reiki therapy.
Reiki for Children
Parent or guardian must accompany minor children having a Reiki session.
Reiki Distant Healing
A great option if you’re unable to be physically present for treatments. This can be performed over the phone or via or video call or Skype. It is as effective and powerful as having sessions in person. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Reiki for Pets
What is in the works/Future offerings?
Stay tuned for Soul Realignment Counseling, Animal Energy Communication, Crystal and Sound Healing Therapy
*Level I and II can be taken separately or can be broken down into two consecutive weekends. Please call or email to book your classes.
All sessions start promptly; ending time is approximate, and attending the sessions in its entirety is important. As spaces are limited, I encourage you to register early to secure your spot.
It is not necessary to read the manual cover to cover before class; however, please do read the introduction and first chapter, and browse the rest of the contents. Other helpful preparation information will be sent via email prior to the class, so please do watch for it.
I am so excited, and feel honored that you choose to take this class with me… I look forward to teaching you bring balance to yourself and transform your life for the better – to lead a beautiful, happier and healthier life.
My goal is for students and practitioners to succeed and sustain a thriving Reiki personal or professional practice after the completion of their respective classes; therefore, I will provide mentorship support to students of all levels and extend learning opportunities through regular group Reiki Share and support meetings.
Reiki First and Second degree – Usui/Holy Fire II Level I and II
This is 2-day class has no pre-requisites and is open to everyone interested in learning Reiki.
Main focus of First-degree class is to learn the techniques of self-healing and giving Reiki to others; whether they are 2-legged, four-legged and winged family members and friends. Practicing Reiki self-treatment restores balance on every level of being; physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually… so give yourself, your family and friends the gift of wellness.
While, the Second-Degree class’ main focus is to learn how to give and send Reiki from a distance. The energy is as strong and effective as giving Reiki it in person.
Cost of Investment – $375, which includes your Reiki Manual and Certificate of Completion. Reserve your spot now with a $150 non-refundable deposit. You can complete your balance on or before the day of the class. Your manual will be mailed to you upon receipt of deposit or if you paid in full at registration.
Class includes lectures, discussion and demonstration. Topics are as follows but not limited to:
- History and Evolution of Usui Reiki
- Reiki Lineage and Styles
- Nature and Elements of Reiki
- History of Holy Fire Reiki
- Holy Fire Reiki Experiences
- Level I & II Placements (formerly knows as Attunements)
- Usui Level II Sacred Symbols and Applications
- Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Ample time for Hands-on Practice
- Question and Answer session
- Reiki Treatment Techniques and Protocols and Hand Positions
- For Self-healing
- Others; and
- Distant Healing
Recommended book REIKI 101 by Reiki Rays
Third Degree – Usui/Holy Fire II Advanced Reiki Training/Master
Prerequisite – Completed and regularly practiced Usui/Reiki Level II for a minimum of 6 months prior to the class
This 3-day class is an intense healing experience on a very personal level. Reiki brings about balance and harmony into your life. Completing this class is just the beginning, as Reiki will become an intricate part of your life – a way of life. As you continue to evolve and grow with your Reiki practice, your Reiki energetic connection will strengthen and become more enhanced. It will bring about a strong sense of heightened awareness to the quality of your Reiki healing experience.
Cost of Investment – $900, which includes the Reiki Manual and Certificate of Completion. Reserve your spot now with a $300 non-refundable deposit. You can complete your balance on or before the day of the class. The class manual will be mailed to you upon receipt of deposit or if you paid in full at registration.
Class includes lectures, discussion and demonstration. Topics are as follows but not limited to:
- Advanced Reiki Protocols, Tools and Techniques
- Advance Reiki Placements
- Reiki Crystal Grid and applications
- Usui & Holy Fire Master Symbols
- 4 Holy Fire II Experiences
- Usui/Holy Fire II Healing Pre-Ignition & Ignition
- Becoming a Reiki Master Teacher
- Developing your Reiki Practice
- International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Ample time for Hands-on Practice
- Question and Answer session